- A brand new curriculum that parents could do at home with their children to help them be the faith center of their home
- First ever Drive-In Movie (movie and munchies) on our Joy property. 54 Adults and 27 kids participated in our first Covid friendly fellowship
- Outdoor Backpack Blessing
- 73 families participated in our Advent Wreath Project. Families picked up (or we hand delivered or mailed) their kits and made put together their wreaths and participated in lighting them during worship while our building was closed due to Covid. I loved seeing people post their wreaths on our Joy Facebook Group! So creative!
- Over 50 families participated in our Lent project this year. Along the same concept of the Advent wreath, families participated in daily activities to grow their faith during the Lenten season. We had over 2156 items donated to Covering Families, Love Inc., Safe Haven, PADS, Cool Food Pantry, and Joy Quilt Ministry
- 48 children participated in our first ever Easter Egg Hunt prior to in person worship.
- After not being able to have Vacation Bible School last year, this year’s VBS looked a little different! Our leadership team made some changes to keep our children and volunteer safe. But 1 thing didn’t change – God showed up in big ways! 78 children participated, 60 volunteers (22 leaders, 20 adults and support staff, and 31 youth). We raised approximately $3600 in donations and toys to support this year’s mission. Cory’s project helps children diagnosed with Cancer in the Children’s Hospital in Milwaukee and their family with needed toys and gift cards during this difficult time.
- We had 1 baptism during worship and 7 private baptisms that we Livestreamed during the year. I never knew the impact giving each newly baptized a prayer knot fleece blanket until one mom sent me a picture of her 2 year old during the week of VBS. I was actually making a blanket for the baptism we were going to have on Sunday, when she sent me the picture. I so love how God works!!
- If we had worship in our building, our nursery staff was here! Thank you to Kelly Ellison, Ellie Jensen and Maggie O'Neill for keeping our kids safe and teaching our youngest children (infant-5 years old) about Jesus. They watched the Preschool video curriculum, made a craft, had a snack and had open playtime. We are incredibly blessed by their serving hearts and hands.
- Gave parents a new resource called Table Talk that was based off of our sermon series each week.
Director of Children & Family Ministry